Direct digital textile printing total solution needs coater, steamer and washer.
Using reactive, acid, disperse, pigment ink:
- Fabric must be pre-treated (coated) by chemicals to avoid ink migration and also improve ink penetration. That could be done on Wash-X (washing/coating) or Precoat-W, Precoat-Z and Precoat-ZP (coating only).
- After printing ink must be cured and fixed. Reactive, acid and disperse by steam. Pigment by steam or heat only. Machine used – Steam-XL, Steam-X ECOM, Steam-X RDA or high speed steamers XL-Double, XL -Quattro
- After steaming fabric must washed to get out pre-treatment chemical and residual of ink which was not fixed to the fabric. Washing by Wash-X
- In the case using pigment, pre-treatment of fabric prior printing is required by most ink manufacturers. In this case Precoat-W, Precoat-Z and Precoat-ZP could be used if curing is done by heat only.
- Pigment fixation could be done also steamed in our steamer. Per our experience by steaming pigment is giving better results (brightness)
a. Reactive ink is for all natural fiber fabrics, including silk
b. Acid ink for some silk and nylon
c. Disperse is for manmade fibers (polyester)
d. Pigment - In my experience, pigment was always used for less expensive prints (getting washed out by time).
e. All inks needs pre-treatment, including pigment if you want to get reasonable results.
For the total solution for digital textile printer is recommend:
a. Wash-X 1850 with 2nd cold water tank version for pretreatment and washing
b. Steam-XL 1850 for fabric fixation. For small production could used also Steam-X 1850 ECOM, but will fit only 1-2 digital printers for reactive and disperse inks. For acid ink is just for 1 printer. (Curing time is 30-45 minutes for acid ink)
Steam-XL and Steam-X ECOM:
- ECOM is small machine which could handle all types of dyes and also pigment. Machine is 1 scroll roller (fabric expander) prior fabric winding.
- XL is also capable handle all types of dyes, but is with tensionless system (all rollers driven and analog tension regulation included). XL is with 2 scroll rollers to handle fabric better and production output is 2.5 higher as ECOM version.
102C – reactive, acid, saturated steam
Up to 180C – disperse, pigment, superheated steam
Temperature and steam amount is set automatically, when type of ink is selected on the control screen. No additional adjustments are required.
- Chemicals are automatically transported into coating tray where level is controlled.
- Machine is coming with chemicals stirrer for chemical liquid storage
- Machine is with tension control adjustable from control screen
- Speeds are adjustable also and drying could be controlled as required
- Amount of chemicals applied to the fabric is controlled by pressure on coating roller
- Drying is by infrared dryer with temperature regulation up to 180C
- On the end, fabric is winded into a roll on fabric winding unit equipped with fabric scroll roller (expander) and one side edge control to have fabric edge straight for printing.
- First is fabric going through cold water tank filled with recycled water from high frequency nozzles tray
- 2nd stage is fabric going through hot water tank with adjustable temperature (max 65C or 95C).
- All tanks have automatic control of dirty water discharge and refill according to meters’ preset
- Hot tank is with auto filling of washing chemicals depended on liters of water discharged. (cold tank on request)
- All tanks are equipped with water air agitation
- After each tank fabric is squeezed by rubber rollers to get out dirt and ink residual
- In 3rd step fabric is going through cold water bath created by water from high frequency nozzles
- 4th step is final washing fabric by high frequency nozzles to clean the fabric prior going through last set of rubber rollers to squeeze out water prior drying
- Drying and fabric winding is the same as in coating process.
Optional machines feature:
- Decurlers are for circular knits used through coating and washing process and washer require 3 sets. (Precoat-W 2 sets only)
- Fabric softener is additional module to Wash-X. This unit is consisting Hot fix tank and softener applicator. It is plug-in module and could be added to the machine later.